Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Hi! I'm your friendly neighborhood Zero Waste Block Leader!



Hi, I'm Casey, and I'm a recycling junkie.

I recycle everything. I wash ziploc bags and reuse them. I have a compost bin in my backyard. I have solar panels. I've been known to collect rainwater in buckets to water my basil and tomatoes.  

There are weirder folks in this weird town of ours, but I know I'm a bit on the weird side. You're probably not as weird as I am (or maybe you're weirder!), and I don't expect you to be. But maybe you've got questions about the blue bin. You've got questions about the green bag program that you just got a postcard about. You might wonder when the next "big brush" collection is. You might have heard about the composting program that's slowly rolling out around town. Or you might just wonder how you can keep your trash can from overflowing at Christmas time and costing you extra on your COA bill. 

If you've got questions about recycling or anything that Austin Resource Recovery does, I'm here to answer them or find somebody who can.

Get these tips in your email box about once a month by signing up here:



No comments:

Post a Comment